TAD Associates is looking for a motion designer to join our transdisciplinary team of architects, designers, AV and structural engineers in creating and producing content that brings to life screens in a wide variety of architectural formats and contexts. The ideal candidate is as comfortable editing video as making graphics move and one with a skillset that is equally deep in creative firepower and technical chops. We are looking for someone who demonstrates a command of pacing, rhythm, tone, narrative, typographic hierarchy and storyboarding, uses a range of visual vocabulary and can handle different types of creative challenges. You should be able to provide examples with Typography, Live-action, Graphics, Rotoscoping, Green-Screen.
Essential Job Functions:
- Creation of 2D and 3D images and graphics, based on client needs and feedback.
- Work with a wide variety of media, including content for mobile devices.
- Title and post-production work in support of client and internal projects.
- Multimedia campaign in conjunction with internal external marketing.
- Creation of technical illustrations and computer artwork for use in a variety of materials.
- Conceptualization, storyboarding, animating, and editing of project from start to finish.
BA or greater in Design, Animation/Motion Graphics, Advertising, or equivalent.
Candidates should have a minimum 3 years of motion graphic design experience.
Experience in Broadcast, Agency or Commercial Production environments preferred.
- Adobe Creative Suite: After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Premiere.
- Expertise in pre-& post production workflows.
- Facility with Cinema 4D and ZBrush.
- Experience in Maya and generative/algorithmic or procedural animation is a big plus.
- A love for design, motion graphics and storytelling.
- Knowledge of film and motion graphics history and cultural memes.
- Curious to explore how motion design and film can be used in architecture to transform, surprise and delight.
- Strong concept development, storyboarding, communication and presentation skills are vital.
- Both hands-on and collaborative - experience working with cross-department teams a plus.
- Self-motivated, driven and possess the ability to work on multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- Storyboarding and illustration a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365.
TAD Associates is a design and consulting firm working with a global base of clients to deliver innovative media and technology experiences in spaces of all types. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, a centrally located office in Midtown NYC, and a collaborative work environment. TAD Associates was certified as a Great Place To Work in 2017.
TAD Associates is at the forefront of workplace technology and collaboration, pioneering the development of new products and solutions across technology disciplines.
Send your resume, a minimum of three (3) examples of your work, cover letter, and any additional relevant information to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note the position you are applying for in the subject of your email.