TAD Associates is seeking an experienced System Engineer to join our audiovisual media and technology design- consulting firm. This individual will be responsible for the design, engineering, and end to end architecture of audio/video conferencing and media installations at a variety of scales. The position requires technical subject matter expertise and the ability to convey such expertise to team members, clients, and third-party contractors.
Essential Job Functions:
- Translate technical and business requirements into audiovisual solutions and validate in test lab as required.
- Provide technical leadership and serve as the technical point of contact for assigned projects.
- Participate in design, assessment, analysis and troubleshooting.
- Design practical and cost-effective solutions or services that meet customer requirements.
- Ability to analyze and solve business or technical problems.
- Ability to effectively communicate to clients through all available mediums (verbal, listening, writing, presenting).
- Ability to multitask effectively.
- Ability to easily adapt to different working environments and schedules.
- Ability to work in the field during construction to lead/manage/support relevant trades during install and ensure design is implemented per specifications.
- Willingness to stay on the leading edge of technology by learning new techniques.
- Assist with knowledge transfer to internal engineering and operational peers.
- Research new technologies, services and products, and evaluate their applicability within Client's Offices.
- Maintain knowledge base and offer innovative ideas that will enhance our solutions.
3-5 years of experience/knowledge of designing & implementing audiovisual solutions.
CTS, CTS-D or CTS-I certification is preferred.
Cisco certifications are a plus
- Proficiency in Autodesk's AutoCAD and Microsoft Office is required.
- Working knowledge of Adobe CS is a plus.
- Strong Background in the solutions and technologies associated with enterprise video services, including but not limited to video conferencing technologies, virtual meeting room designs, infrastructure components.
- Strong technical knowledge in video, audio & control products from all major players.
- AV/IT experience in the financial industry is a plus.
- Working knowledge of IP networking associated with the underlying transport technology
for UC and Video - TCP/IP Routing and Switching, voice and video protocols (H.264,
H.323, SIP, RTP, QSIG, ISDN PRI etc.).
TAD Associates is a design and consulting firm working with a global base of clients to deliver innovative media and
technology experiences in spaces of all types. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, a centrally located office in
Midtown NYC, and a collaborative work environment. TAD Associates was certified as a Great Place To Work in 2017.
TAD Associates is at the forefront of workplace technology and collaboration, pioneering the development of new
products and solutions across technology disciplines.
Send your resume, a minimum of three (3) examples of your work, cover letter, and any additional relevant information to: email@example.com.
Please note the position you are applying for in the subject of your email.