TAD Associates is seeking a Data Scientist to join our transdisciplinary team of architects, designers, AV and structural engineers in creating and producing content that brings screens to life in a wide variety of architectural formats and contexts. TAD seeks a Data Scientist who is also a creative thinker, one who proposes innovative ways to look at data, find stories in the patterns of information and turn them into insightful visualizations. As a Data Scientist at TAD, you will be responsible for discovering insights and identifying opportunities through the use of statistical, algorithmic, mining and visualization techniques. You will work in close collaboration with the creative director, designers, engineers, project managers, principals and clients as well as data stewards and other tech teams.
Like everyone at TAD, you ask why. You explore and you're not afraid to share your crazy idea. You are versed in moving data around from a database or an API, parsing and cleaning - you likely possess an arsenal of techniques for rendering data in useful, visual ways. You prefer to get your hands dirty making things happen - you try things, and sometimes you fail. We want to hear about what you've shipped and what you didn't. You are as interested in the answers as much as the questions and don't shy away from big, gnarly challenges. Petabytes don't scare you. You tend to work at a tiny crack until you've opened the whole. But what makes you truly unique, is your eagerness to collaborate and your talent for making the complex easily understandable.
Master's Degree plus 1 year of experience in data analytics.
At least 1 year of experience contributing to statistical visualization libraries.
At least 1 year of experience working with data stream.
- R - Python - SQL - MATLAB - SAS.
- Ability to manage multiple, often competing, priorities and tasks and follow through to completion on strict deadlines.
- Ability to use discretion and judgment in evaluating problems and creating solutions.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information, both verbal and written, to a wide range of end-users, including non-technical users.
- Friendly presence and helpful attitude; good interpersonal skills.
- Technical, analytical and interpersonal skills required.
- Abstract thinking and the ability to work independently when required.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite.
TAD Associates is a design and consulting firm working with a global base of clients to deliver innovative media and technology experiences in spaces of all types. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, a centrally located office in Midtown NYC, and a collaborative work environment. TAD Associates was certified as a Great Place To Work in 2017.
TAD Associates is at the forefront of workplace technology and collaboration, pioneering the development of new products and solutions across technology disciplines.
Send your resume, a minimum of three (3) examples of your work, cover letter, and any additional relevant information to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note the position you are applying for in the subject of your email.