TAD Associates is seeking a consultant for the design and implementation of robust and resilient global network infrastructures for the evolving needs of our clientele in support of Audiovisual systems. They will be responsible for identifying new technologies, utilizing existing technologies, solutions and services to deliver network and connectivity requirements, while supporting the design and implementation of Proof of Concept solutions. This person will use their diagnostic and analysis skills to ensure all network issues and are coordinated and dealt with in a timely and consistent manner. They will be responsible for coordinating with the client's network and audiovisual teams and providing input to the design team. They will coordinate with client IT infrastructure teams (Network / Information Security, Audio Visual, Network Infrastructure, Network Operations, Quality Assurance, and Support) to provide technical solutions to network needs that may arise during design and testing.
Essential Job Functions:
- Acts as Networking SME (Subject Matter Expert) for Audiovisual system designs to provide technical expertise to peers and clients.
- Report to SME oversight and Project Management team.
- Act as a technical escalation point for network related issues and requests.
- Evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, and latency in support of the Audiovisual systems design by performing network analysis, and providing performance tuning recommendations; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to client.
- Continuous development, improvement, and implementation of network policies and procedures.
- Provides technical guidance to clients, and identifies opportunities to provide services that generate revenue.
- Provides networking technical support and escalations for field operations.
- Coordinate and partner with the client Technology Services, Audiovisual, Information Security, and Technology Project Management teams.
- Provide support for TAD Associates Audiovisual design team during onsite installation, configuration and testing of network infrastructure equipment for new client site openings and site expansions; collaborating on test operations and failover situations.
- Directs partners and vendors for the quick identification and resolution of escalating issues.
- Maintain an understanding of Local Area Networking, layer 2 switching, data security, DNS, IP Routing, HTTP, VPN, Exchange Services.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, and participating in professional organizations.
Bachelor's in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience is required.
Corporate experience (installation, configuration and support) preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple, often competing, priorities and tasks and follow through to completion on strict deadlines.
- Ability to use discretion and judgment in evaluating problems and creating solutions.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information, both verbal and written, to a wide range of end-users, including non-technical users.
- Friendly presence and helpful attitude; good interpersonal skills.
- Technical, analytical and interpersonal skills required.
- Abstract thinking and the ability to work independently when required.
- Experience with Information Systems Security, Network Design and Implementation, and Audiovisual systems.
- An understanding of subnetting, VLAN's, address schemas, networking concepts and IPv4/IPv6, as well as knowledge of routing, DNS and DHCP.
- Knowledge of VoIP solutions and their implementations.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite.
TAD Associates is a design and consulting firm working with a global base of clients to deliver innovative media and technology experiences in spaces of all types. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, a centrally located office in Midtown NYC, and a collaborative work environment. TAD Associates was certified as a Great Place To Work in 2017.
TAD Associates is at the forefront of workplace technology and collaboration, pioneering the development of new products and solutions across technology disciplines.
Send your resume, a minimum of three (3) examples of your work, cover letter, and any additional relevant information to: email@example.com.
Please note the position you are applying for in the subject of your email.